Tilbury House Publishers is an independent publishing company founded forty years ago. Our children’s book division became a major emphasis beginning in the early 1990s, and since then we have continued to publish award-winning children’s picture books for both the trade and education markets. Our picture book focus is on cultural diversity, social justice, mindfulness, science, nature, and the environment. Together with educators who are specialists in their fields, Tilbury House has developed imaginative, user-friendly guides for many of our books. These free guides offer activities and discussion points along with links to additional information and resources. They are ideal for the school or home classroom! These can be found on the Classroom Guides page of this website.
Given the current climate we have updated our Content Use Guidelines. These can be found below or by entering our site.
Covid-19 Content Use Guidelines:
Tilbury House has received numerous requests from teachers and librarians across the country who are trying to address the needs of their students by posting readings of books online for students to access. If you choose to read a book online to your students, please follow these guidelines:
1. At the beginning of your video, please state that you are presenting your reading “with permission from Tilbury House Publishers.”
2. Our preference is that you post your reading through your library or school's platform or another closed group or platform with limited access for your students. However, we recognize this may not be possible, in which case you may post it through a more publicly accessible platform, such as YouTube.
3. Since we view this as our way to help compensate for the closure of schools, please delete your video or disable access by the end of this current school year, no later than June 30, 2021.
4. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school or library, city and state, the title and author/illustrator of the book you intend to read online and send us the link. By posting a reading, you are agreeing to abide by the above terms.
5. Finally, we would love to follow along with your read-aloud, so please tag Tilbury House’s social media handles in any posts affiliated with it!
Thank you for all you are doing to help students and their families through this difficult time.
OUR BOOKS CAN BE FOUND ANYWHERE BOOKS ARE SOLD, INCLUDING THESE FINE LOCATIONS: